. .
    Location unknown. Bucks Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6131 members to the community.
    I hope this isn't a stupid question (if so please go gentle on me as I'm a newbie lol) but are the water cooled spindles suitable for using with wood & MDF etc? I'm assuming all the water is contained & doesn't reach the workpiece? or at leased in theory anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post
    I hope this isn't a stupid question (if so please go gentle on me as I'm a newbie lol) but are the water cooled spindles suitable for using with wood & MDF etc? I'm assuming all the water is contained & doesn't reach the workpiece? or at leased in theory anyway!
    Yes the water cooled spindles are fit for what you are doing plus they are very quiet you will need a small pump and a container for the water the 2.2Kw are generally the ones to go for with a ER20 collet
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Location unknown. Bucks Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6131 members to the community.
    THANKS for the clarification Clive it's much appreciated!
    Unfortunatly it's just a 800w spindle on one of these 30/40 China CNC machines, but I'm guessing it has to be a lot better than the standard 230w air cooled ones (there's also a 400w air cooled option) both are USB.
    Last edited by Bucks; 06-02-2017 at 12:11 PM.

We are mainly wanting a cnc for engraving HDPE & Plastic that we can then use in patterns for casting silicone Moulds so that we have some txt embossed into the side of the mould, also we are wanting to engrave wooden pen cases & hopefully wooden & acrylic pens themselves.
    I wouldn't say it's for commercial use, but the penturning & moulds etc is a serious hobby that we are turning into a little sideline to boost our income.

I know these China CNC ones are far from top quality! But at just over £1k for this 3040 USB with 800w water cooled spindle it's the best we can afford! We could even get a smaller machine but I would like the option of engraving larger items like wooden plaques & Clocks etc, unless this machine is defiantly not suitable & it has to be a smaller machine for finer work.

So the big question is, Do you recon it should do the job for us?

Its a bit confusing as you appear to be using two names Jacks & Bucks so hard to follow but it seems Dean (Jazzcnc) has answered that question.

You don't say if the machine has ball screws or not. If you have not ordered it already I would save up some more dosh. Do some research before you commit yourself.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

That was my wife who started a thread but she has even less of a clue than I do lol
    The 800w has ball screws & is usb2
    Last edited by Bucks; 06-02-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information