. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hi guys, i want to purchase a few parts from BST AUTOMATION. I purchased a few years ago some linear guides like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBR10-rail-L500mm-10mm-linear-guide-cnc-router-part-linear-rail-10mm.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	18545
    but read bad things about it for aluminium machining :)

I want to build an machine with rigid Y axis and move just X table (think that is easy to get rigid machine with small X and big fixed Y).

Want routing surface of 600/800mm Y and maybe 300/400mm X.

Want some small machine because want high rigidity at least for make parts for bigger machine.

Want to route at least aluminium/copper.

Will be OK purchase HGR25 ones ? if purchase HGR35 will get the same result?

I have a lot of questions but will start with this one :)

PS: have two 16 (600mm) and two 25mm diameter balls crews (1000mmL) at home
    Last edited by samsagaz; 03-06-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Its possible to route aluminium with these I have hgr20 on my build around same size as you plan ( http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9678-...-Framed-Router ) , and cut aluminium regularly without problems, the general advice I am sure will be go for more expensive square rails which are indeed better at a price, when I sell up and move and get a proper workshop I may well build second machine and use top materials but for first build I am happy with performance of these and the price.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have a lot of questions but will start with this one :)

PS: have two 16 (600mm) and two 25mm diameter balls crews (1000mmL) at home
    But what is the question?

20mm rails will be more than enough for a machine the size you are building.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Samsagas
    Welcome to the forum
    As Clive sail 20mm Hiwin rails more than adequate.
    Under no circumstances purchase any electrical kit, get a design knocked up, show it to the lads and they will give you advise on the best option for motors and drives.
    Good luck with your build
    Regards
    Mike

i already have the motors, and drivers, ball screw, spindles :(

will try to draw some design to get recommendations from you guys!
    Last edited by samsagaz; 03-06-2016 at 03:26 PM.

so 20mm is more than enough, great! can purchase long ones then to use more of my ballscrew.

Btw, when is needed 25, 35, 45mm ones? exist some kind of relation table?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    so 20mm is more than enough, great! can purchase long ones then to use more of my ballscrew.

Btw, when is needed 25, 35, 45mm ones? exist some kind of relation table?
    Not sure what you mean with the above but in order to get some good advise you need to put some sort of drawing up and it also will be good practise for later when you what to start making things etc
    ..Clive

25mm + rails would be for industrial machining centres where they are chasing max stiffness high throughput and long hours. But the cost goes up with the bigger sizes and the money would be better spent on the other parts to keep it all in balance.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

i already start the draws! i really liked designs like Silyavski design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9hTLN1CydU (low profile and moving grantry) or fixed gantry like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9UA9ZRFwWU

These are very good machines i think, and maybe impossible to make for myself but will try to draw something :D

I will use welded construction materials like IPN and UPN ones.

will try to draw two designs to see wich recommend me

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsagaz For This Useful Post:

That and the series (3 vids) are probably the best I have seen in a long while. Thanks
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information