. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'd doubt they'll be more than 80Vdc drives. Which means Max voltage you'll be able to run motors is 70-75Vdc and that's not enough for large nema 34 motor. Your motors are nema 23 which for 25mm ballscrew are not strong enough. I'd also wager if bought from Ebay/china they are high inductance motors which lowers performance.

Well if you want real stiffness and precision then dispite what's been said by Lucan07 then I suggest you forget using round rail and buy some profiled linear rails. It's ok for router but when comes to stiffness and precision it sucks compared to Profiled rails and don't let anyone tell you different.

yes i will purchase Hiwin Linear rails like the one that i draw in my bad design :)

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Samsagas
    Do as instructed by jazz, take some time to read the build logs all the way through, then read them again. the forum contains priceless knowledge you just have ingest it.
    Good luck
    Mike
    Ok, will try to find some good log that dont use welding :/

Guys, some log to recommend me?

As you see im looking for something useful, i was thinking abt use UPN because are not hard to find in Argentina at normal prices (i pay 18USD for 1 meter of used UPN 160mm yesterday).
    Companies that cut aluminium and steel with water/plasma/laser are very expensive, but looks like i will need to pay for that service.

I get the idea of use UPN because its used in some of the vids that i post, but of course they guys have good welding equipment and mill the welded surfaces to fix deformations.

Im a little lost now... EPOXY very expensive, machining very expensive.....

Two months ago i asked for 1m2 of 10mm aluminium plate and cost 625USD i think thats its too much for my build. so searching alternatives.

Found the Drivers that i talked about a few post ago. Leadshine AM882 manual say that support 80V max, looks like its the only stuff that purchased that can use in the machine
    Last edited by samsagaz; 08-06-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Guys, what about IPN? not good to use it ? i can use the rails in top/bottom or at side. To level it i can use epoxy. I was checking IPN and looks like IPN280 have 10mm center wall thickness. I can bolt the IPN easy to side towers

Btw UPN and IPN are bad because the welding or exist other problem?

lx (7590cm4) of IPN280 are good, but ly (394cm4) dont looks very good

btw the UPN that i use to draw the first image was just lx (925 cm4) and ly(96cm4)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Found the Drivers that i talked about a few post ago. Leadshine AM882 manual say that support 80V max, looks like its the only stuff that purchased that can use in the machine
    The Am882 are good drives but don't run them at the max voltage as Jazzcnc has said 70V is good.

In post #13 you said you have 1605 ball screws you can use those OK.

Start leaning some CAD Can you get Sketchup or Fusion360 and get a drawing made to start?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

UPN or IPN and angles are not recomended from what I gather because while they have good strength they have a tendancy to twist or deform more than closed box section. As in your video of the fixed gantry machine www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9UA9ZRFwWU UPN when used tends to be closed forming box section for strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    The Am882 are good drives but don't run them at the max voltage as Jazzcnc has said 70V is good.

In post #13 you said you have 1605 ball screws you can use those OK.

Start leaning some CAD Can you get Sketchup or Fusion360 and get a drawing made to start?

Clive, used sketchup to draw the images that i post. Still searching for complete design/log to get more ideas, at least now skip to use IPN/UPN

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    UPN or IPN and angles are not recomended from what I gather because while they have good strength they have a tendancy to twist or deform more than closed box section. As in your video of the fixed gantry machine www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9UA9ZRFwWU UPN when used tends to be closed forming box section for strength.
    One (Maybe stupid) question, when the guy on the video add a plate to the UPN to get more strength gantry, they get a lot of deformations, so they mill the piece for a flat surface right? Epoxy will be useful too for flat surface too?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    One (Maybe stupid) question, when the guy on the video add a plate to the UPN to get more strength gantry, they get a lot of deformations, so they mill the piece for a flat surface right? Epoxy will be useful too for flat surface too?
    Yes. There are quite a few epoxy posts on here if you do a search for them.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information