1. #1
    Hi,

    In the process of my build. I was going to use some 6mm steel angle to mount my motors but took a look online to see what I could find. I found these cheap Nema23 motor mounts with holes predrilled and slots for effective potisioning and mounting.

    Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141856982...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    Just wanted to know if anyone is using them. I beleive they are 3mm thick steel. I can see they have small gussets either side for support and may fit well with a standard Taiwanese/Chinese ballscrew and rail combo but i'm not sure?

  2. #2
    It's cheap for a reason. I would not buy those. I bought these and they work fine, but there are others which may be even better.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNdelivery-free-shipping-Stepping-motor-Aluminium-NEMA23-Motor-Mounts-bracket-/152108774934?hash=item236a63b616



  3. #3
    I used those for the initial conversion of my mill because they suited the way I wanted to mount the motors, they worked well and were fairly robust but now my mill and router are running I have cut some better T shaped ones from aluminium, the aluminium design would have been no good for my machines design.
    Last edited by lucan07; 05-06-2016 at 02:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    Hi,

    In the process of my build. I was going to use some 6mm steel angle to mount my motors but took a look online to see what I could find. I found these cheap Nema23 motor mounts with holes predrilled and slots for effective potisioning and mounting.

    Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141856982...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    Just wanted to know if anyone is using them. I beleive they are 3mm thick steel. I can see they have small gussets either side for support and may fit well with a standard Taiwanese/Chinese ballscrew and rail combo but i'm not sure?

    Thanks, I will just make my own out of 6mm steel angle as I was originally going to do.

  5. #5
    Thanks, I will just make my own out of 6mm steel angle as I was originally going to do.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    I used those for the initial conversion of my mill because they suited the way I wanted to mount the motors, they worked well and were fairly robust but now my mill and router are running I have cut some better T shaped ones from aluminium, the aluminium design would have been no good for my machines design.
    awesome news, saves me ginning around too much. I was planning on reinforcing it. and the price seems more than reasonable. I may be 4 and try them anywa. did you still need a spacer to elevate it to the eight of the ball screw bearing or was it flush?

  7. #7
    I used them on a different machine, my Micro mill so just mounted them on 2020 extrusion which I skimmed just enough to get correct spacing.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.ph...5&d=1456081931
    The measurements on mine are 19.2mm to edge of hole which is 38.2mm diameter so from back of plate to centre of motor spindle should be around 38.3mm, side to hole is 13.3mm so edge to centre of hole is 32.4mm. Hope this helps.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    I used them on a different machine, my Micro mill so just mounted them on 2020 extrusion which I skimmed just enough to get correct spacing.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.ph...5&d=1456081931
    The measurements on mine are 19.2mm to edge of hole which is 38.2mm diameter so from back of plate to centre of motor spindle should be around 38.3mm, side to hole is 13.3mm so edge to centre of hole is 32.4mm. Hope this helps.
    legend.

Similar Threads

  1. eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards
    By Mad Professor in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 25-01-2016, 12:12 AM
  2. RFQ: RFQ Nema23 stepper mount
    By r0bsk1 in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 02:16 PM
  3. eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards
    By irving2008 in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 04:48 PM
  4. DIY Nema23 Motor Mounts
    By Lee Roberts in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-08-2009, 06:08 PM
  5. eBay Stepper Motor Drivers from China
    By Mad Professor in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-07-2009, 10:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •