. .
    I'm looking at ordering 1,7m long profile rails. Is it better to order two shorter rails and join them into a long one? Mostly to lower shipping cost and chance of bending in shipping.

Would have thought pulling straight during fixing would be far easier than making a perfectly straight and stable joint, as for shipping cost I can't see it making enough difference to account for the hours or days of extra work involved.

Thanks, nice to know. Is it common that rails get bent during shipping? Have you tried to pull rails straight before, any tips?

Never tried it and wouldn't think getting bent is likely should be well packed and protected as a rule cosidering the cost, but I cannot imagine how you would join them succesfully.

joining is easy enough if done with care but at this length it's not required. While people think profiled rail is perfectly straight it's not. That's why Reference edge is required for master rail or some way to check straightness ie: Straight edge.

Regards shipping then don't worry I've yet had any bent enough to cause problems and I've imported 100's meter's.

Thread Information