. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8 or anything else before.
    You missed YMMV and IMHO out of that.
    Wait until Microsoft furnishes you with an update which breaks a critical hardware or software function, unless you are on a paid license model you have no choice in accepting updates ;-)
    Your free license version lasts "for the life of the hardware" that means until Microsoft removes support for your hardware from the OS, not until the hardware is no longer serviceable :D
    Last edited by magicniner; 10-06-2016 at 09:36 AM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Wait until Microsoft furnishes you with an update which breaks a critical hardware or software function, unless you are on a paid license model you have no choice in accepting updates ;-)
    Your free license version lasts "for the life of the hardware" that means until Microsoft removes support for your hardware from the OS, not until the hardware is no longer serviceable :D
    I think you don't understand what you are talking about. I am on paid license for ALL my computers. I have W7pro and W8pro licenses and for all of us Microsoft issued a free upgrade to W10. W10 is very stable and is perfectly OK for Mach3. I am not talking about Beta release or pirated OS, I am talking about perfectly legit use of licensed software. Go visit Microsoft and find out more. At least here in Sweden, the free offer ends on the 29th July, I know this because I have just updated my last computer yesterday.

I think you don't understand what you are talking about. I am on paid license for ALL my computers. I have W7pro and W8pro licenses and for all of us Microsoft issued a free upgrade to W10. W10 is very stable and is perfectly OK for Mach3. I am not talking about Beta release or pirated OS, I am talking about perfectly legit use of licensed software. Go visit Microsoft and find out more. At least here in Sweden, the free offer ends on the 29th July, I know this because I have just updated my last computer yesterday.
    Yada, Yada,Yada,
    I didn't mention Pirate, methinks you protest too much :D
    But if you knew anything you'd know that Microsoft are even giving W10 away to owners of pirate systems too so it's almost impossible to have a pirate of W10 at the moment!
    It's very sad but you are the one who doesn't understand Microsoft or Microsoft's licence model for W10, they are giving it away at the moment to private individuals, but, using their paid subscription licence model for W10 Corporate Clients is the only way you will be able to test updates to see what they break and decide when and if to roll them out to yout IT estate.
    I know this because I can read, and can be bothered to read.
    Plus, you addressed none of the valid points I raised and simply went off on your "I'm not a Pirate, Honest!?" Microsoft Fan Boy rant.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by magicniner; 10-06-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Yada, Yada,Yada,
    I didn't mention Pirate, methinks you protest too much :D
    But if you knew anything you'd know that Microsoft are even giving W10 away to owners of pirate systems too so it's almost impossible to have a pirate of W10 at the moment!
    It's very sad but you are the one who doesn't understand Microsoft or Microsoft's licence model for W10, they are giving it away at the moment to private individuals, but, using their paid subscription licence model for W10 Corporate Clients is the only way you will be able to test updates to see what they break and decide when and if to roll them out to yout IT estate.
    I know this because I can read, and can be bothered to read.
    Plus, you addressed none of the valid points I raised and simply went off on your "I'm not a Pirate, Honest!?" Microsoft Fan Boy rant.
    Enjoy!

Take a chill pill...

Which valid points did you raise to be more precise? You ripped ONE sentence out of my post and started hacking like a mad chicken. The problem the OP is having is intermittent short pauses. That is a TYPICAL indication of PC resource handling, or perhaps Mach3 setup issue. Windows 8 is not good, Windows 7 64 bit is very good and generally working well, but Windows 10 is better. What is your problem with that? Which of those words do you misinterpret as a fanboy talk?

Anyway, why would you advise the OP against using Windows10? After all, since you know so much, you should know that rolling back to Windows 8 in his case would just take a few minutes without loss of data if he would be unhappy with it. Or you think Bill gates is stealing his data and Microsoft will sabotage everything for him? In that case it is too late already because he is already using Windows 8, which is also a Microsoft product.

Methinks... you are the one protesting too much because you have no clue, just work up yourself over something which you misunderstand or don't understand at all. There is no test release for W10, the Beta test period is over, that was the release Microsoft gave away free for everyone, even pirate OS users. License validity is checked now, and the release which is out now is the one which will replace W7 and W8, support for those will end, just like it ended for XP. Time for you to take a reality check.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 10-06-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Lives in Pakenham, Melbourne, Australia. Last Activity: 25 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 214. Received thanks 34 times, giving thanks to others 300 times.
    Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8 or anything else before, the only possible "disadvantage" is that it no longer supports the parallel port.
    ~ IMO that is simply a load of poppycock A_Camera! Whilst Windows10 does provide some improvements over previous Windows versions, it has plenty of disadvantages and comes at a very high cost IMO in that it requires that you sell your soul to their brave new world of dumbed-down forced maintenance, at their whim, as often and whenever they deem it necessary, while showing TOTAL AND UTTER CONTEMPT for you and your immediate priorities! ! ! ! !
    "Go visit Microsoft and find out more." is like asking a politician to answer questions, they will only ever tell you what they want you to hear. And their offer is anything but free.
    I have upgraded a few laptops to Windows10, including my own which I have subsequently taken back to Windows7 where it will stay for the rest of it's earthy life and I will also revert to Windows7 on any new laptop I buy in the foreseeable future. Until I can find the time to move away from Windows onto something else, as I've had enough of MS!
    Unless you're happy having that amorphous mass that is Microsoft having incredible power over your resources, my suggestion is stay clear of Windows10 while you can!
    Which, believe me, is easier said than done ~ https://www.change.org/p/the-electon...ing-windows-10
    Apologies to the OP for this somewhat off subject sub-thread.

Take a chill pill...
    If you can be bothered to get some facts right, sure!

Pirate! (Not ;-) )

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    ~ IMO that is simply a load of poppycock A_Camera!

Fine, but your soul is already sold to Microsoft since you are using Windows 7 and 10. BTW, did you really read what I wrote? I did mention that Windows 7 is very good, at least the 64 bit version I was using. I would just NOT use Windows 8, that's all. The way I see it, anything is better than Windows 8.

Anyway, what will you do if support stops for Windows 7? Go Linux or buy a Mac? Sure you can do that, but then you can't use Mach any more... can you? You like it or not, in the long term, we have not too many options.

Which valid points did you raise to be more precise? .
    Learn to read English!

I hate to copy and re-post for the hard of reading and the hard of understanding but you asked directly and as you clearly fall into both categories of need I'll break the habit this once :D
    Last edited by magicniner; 10-06-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Re-Posted Text Italicised For the Needy

Fine, but your soul is already sold to Microsoft since you are using Windows 7
    Knobsock!
    A Microsoft Alumnus gave me retail boxed produce FOC for the help I give him, who's sold anything to anyone, FanBoy!
    :-D

Learn to read English!
    Very good point. Sorry, I didn't go to the snobby schools you seem to have...

...which is why I mentioned pirated OS vs. PAID version. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, but you sure got overly excited about my comment regarding licensed OS vs. pirated and I have no idea why.
    Once again, it is NOT a free license, it is an upgarde, or call it software update, for those who have PAID W7 and W8 licenses. Previously MS offered free licenses for anyone, but that was NOT what I was talking about.

I hate to copy and re-post for the hard of reading and the hard of understanding but you asked directly and as you clearly fall into both categories of need I'll break the habit this once :D
    I think if you re-read your post and my post with a cooler mind and relaxed, more open minded attitude you should understand better what I meant. I don't know what p!ssed you off so much, all I said was that W10 is better than any other Windows before. Perhaps you disagree, and I have no problems with that, but if you disagree than state your facts, not just some doom day prophetic prediction of negativity. Your chest beating arrogant responses are really pretty difficult to understand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information