. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good job your using round rails because wouldn't get away with rough work like this if using Profiled linear rails.!!

Tom is correct your level of accuracy will be low or will require lot of shimming and tweaking. How much will only come to light when finished and being used at which point you'll wished you'd took little more care when building.

Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    Looking goid mate! Tack welds are the way to go. And lots of clamping. I would have got a piece of say 35x70mm box tube and clamped it in several places to the flat bar piece you were working on. Then going from the outsides in to the middle as your box frame will also slightly warp from the welds. Tack everything first then repeat the clamping process all over again with your filler welds.

It's hard with long runs like that. Partly the reason bojan S uses C channel for his bed. Although I find welding much easier, drilling and bolting would have given a better result.

Whats the link for your thread?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Here is my latest build
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9073-...-router-3-axis
    Small work area but was aiming for accuracy. Box 100x100 end up with ~0.07mm that is why i build again fixed gantry one, link:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10459...teel-frame-MK2
    Boyan is master in precision fallow him - he gets 0.02mm wich is more than my chinese mill

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    Boyan is master in precision fallow him - he gets 0.02mm wich is more than my chinese mill
    Ye and I'm father Xmas.!!

Looking goid mate! Tack welds are the way to go. And lots of clamping. I would have got a piece of say 35x70mm box tube and clamped it in several places to the flat bar piece you were working on. Then going from the outsides in to the middle as your box frame will also slightly warp from the welds. Tack everything first then repeat the clamping process all over again with your filler welds.

It's hard with long runs like that. Partly the reason bojan S uses C channel for his bed. Although I find welding much easier, drilling and bolting would have given a better result.

Whats the link for your thread?

My frame was not more than 1mm warp as I tack it everything and weld one bead at the time, cool down and opposite side and so on. I have to admit that I broke my rule and did not let to cool enough (firstly was warp corners down than after cool opposite) - £100+ waste on steel and gas, lesson learnt. I bit it with sledge hammer, driven by the car and finally filled down, so my 8mm bars became 4mm in places:)
    Now I use Tig just to see if I can do better
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	20098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	20099

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Good job your using round rails because wouldn't get away with rough work like this if using Profiled linear rails.!!

Tom is correct your level of accuracy will be low or will require lot of shimming and tweaking. How much will only come to light when finished and being used at which point you'll wished you'd took little more care when building.
    Haha savage feedback. Thanks Jazzy, time will tell.

Haha savage feedback. Thanks Jazzy, time will tell.

I could blow smoke up your arse but still won't make it any better when cutting time arrives.

Ye and I'm father Xmas.!!
    do not be jealous Dean, results speaks itself. And on the end of the he takes your advises like we all do:)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    do not be jealous Dean, results speaks itself. And on the end of the he takes your advises like we all do:)
    I'm not into jealousy but I am realist and know there's no way he's measuring 0.02mm over 3000mm like he's claimed in the past or even over shorter distance.!! . . . Ask me why.?

Ok I'll tell you.!! . . . . . Would be bloody impossible because he's using C7 ballscrews From China which at best will only give 0.05mm over 300mm. Then throw in few belts/pulleys etc and this goes down further.

So who's fooling who.?

I could blow smoke up your arse but still won't make it any better when cutting time arrives.
    I just like the way you assumed I needed to be more careful. What exactly gives you the impression I haven't been?

Hence the reason I will see how it goes when it's done. I've endeavoured to make it as square as possible on all axes and feel comfortable that I've managed to achieve that within the best of my ability.

I'll be sure to let you know if you're right or wrong once it's done and I tweak everything :)

I'm not into jealousy but I am realist and know there's no way he's measuring 0.02mm over 3000mm like he's claimed in the past or even over shorter distance.!! . . . Ask me why.?

Ok I'll tell you.!! . . . . . Would be bloody impossible because he's using C7 ballscrews From China which at best will only give 0.05mm over 300mm. Then throw in few belts/pulleys etc and this goes down further.

So who's fooling who.?
    When did I make that claim? This is my first build and I don't see that claim made :/? I think you grossly underestimate my realism..

Last edited by Slixxor; 27-12-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information