. .
    So my project sort of started and this should be my my build log which hopefully will be updated often enough. Currently I have some parts as you can see here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	18014
    Now I'm starting to plan out my actual frame construction. Thing is I would like parts to be more or less pre machined for me so that I just can assemble them together and that's it. So far I'm thinking would it be better do design it from sheet aluminium and order it up or go with T-slot extrusions? What about price if anyone had any experience with both of them would be great to know how that gone.

Looks similar to my intentions for my latest build, Rails & Screws for1000x600x300 2 screws on Y, either way would work. I am going for an aluminium build rather than V Slot as it will be stronger for same price and work, I have a good supply and a solid table to build on (http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9678-...-Framed-Router)
    It depends to some extent what tools/facilities etc you have available to work with, I have some cutting and a lot of Drilling tapping to assemble V-slot will let you use T-nuts at a price unless you can make your own. Think about your design price up components and load on here for some advice I did and completely changed first design and will probably change more as I go. I have used a lot of V_Slot on laser cutters engravers and 3d Printers the right sruff can be strong and rigid also a little expensive.
    Last edited by lucan07; 24-03-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks for sharing the post.

Thread Information