. .
    Hi All

I am planing to build a PID controller for my Kress 1050 but how do you fix the speedcontroll that is
    mounted ??? is ther maybe a fix to it ???

here is my idea to use a PID controler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9UYz__dcc

I have a SuperPID waiting to be installed, but have not done so yet as there were other problems with the machine, they have now been sorted.
    The SuperPID uses an optical sensor mounted in the case of the router. There is room as the existing speed control is removed. This means that the spindle must always be used with the superPID as otherwise all nasty things will happen, like overspeed and burn-out.

Have a look through the website http://www.vhipe.com/product-private/SuperPID-Home.htm

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I have a SuperPID waiting to be installed, but have not done so yet as there were other problems with the machine, they have now been sorted.
    The SuperPID uses an optical sensor mounted in the case of the router. There is room as the existing speed control is removed. This means that the spindle must always be used with the superPID as otherwise all nasty things will happen, like overspeed and burn-out.

Have a look through the website http://www.vhipe.com/product-private/SuperPID-Home.htm

Cheers

Rob

HI Rob

Ok...so you have to remove the speed controll and put the sensor in that place (cut hole in to anchor)

I wil try to build the speed controll as in the youtube video and let it drive a SSR (Sharp A202S02) ....but on this build there is no PWM input to the board, as there is on the superPID and that would be nice to have and let my smooth-stepper board controll the RPM via Mach3.

Cheers
    Bent

I am fairly sure the Kress uses a fairly basic triac switching speed control. One of the functions of the speed controller is to ramp up, rather than an abrupt start. I don't know about the SSR you mention, but the ones I use for furnace control are very much on/off switches, switching at zero crossing.

Basically, I am saying ; exercise caution as it could cost you a Kress 1050.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post

Cheers

Rob
    Summarized Kress 1050 has "soft start feature" that means it has internal electronics and this needs to be bypassed or removed, unless on max setting have an inbuilt disable switch.

Thread Information