. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HipoPapi View Post
    Thanks Guys,

Just to make sure although it might be a dummy question, but do we remove the back cover on the chinese spindle to do the re wiring as that does not have an electrical box on the outside. So my guess is that is somewhere under the cooling fan assembly.

Will be uploading the XML data later today.

Thanks
    Ok well seeing this post made me look at pics again because thought you'd posted pic of inside box but know realise it was Columbo box and I'd seen wrong. So unfortunately I think it's like I orginaly feared and the Spindle is 380V Only unless you can find some connections on it some where. They should be obvious so if not then doubt it can be changed.!!

Thanks Jazz,

Well that is bad news on multiple levels. It shows the sort of support we have, and will have to wait for a new spindle but at least it also shows that however dumb a question it is still worth asking :)

Regarding the Mach3 anomaly I have uploaded the XML file. In short what is happening is the following:

Spindle ( colombo) starts at normal speed but as soon as the axes start moving goes to its maximum speed (18.000). When the program finishes mach3 turns the spindle off normally. So there is communication but something is wrong.

Also here are some shots of the Chinese spindle. If you have any idea of how to rewire it please let us know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160705_164004.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	18857

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160705_164017.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	18858

I have uploaded the XML as a txt as that is the only way the site lets me upload it. Please just change the extension to .xml

Thanks again for all the help.

BoX
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok well the chinese spindle is wired Star(380v) so you need to change it to delta. This will cure your speed problem.
    Remove the screws and those gold jumpers can be changed around. Set them like the pic.

Regards the Speed changing when code runs then are you 100% sure the code isn't changing the speed.? Other than that then would need to see the XML to make sure spindle is set correctly.

Regards the VFD Speed then unfortunatly it's one or the other. Yes can make speed adjustable from VFD with quick parameter change but you will lose external control via Mach3.

Attachment 18841

Just one more thought as I am a bit more confused now. Since you have thought the wiring posted was the Chinese spindle wiring although it was the colombo that makes me think they are both wired 380V so that would mean the speed issue lies some other place. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
    BoX

Quote Originally Posted by HipoPapi View Post
    Just one more thought as I am a bit more confused now. Since you have thought the wiring posted was the Chinese spindle wiring although it was the colombo that makes me think they are both wired 380V so that would mean the speed issue lies some other place. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
    BoX
    Yes your thinking is correct. This is why I asked you several posts back to check the Supply voltage. If that pic is the columbo wiring then it's wired Star and 380V so your supply must be 3 phase 380V.
    In which case the chinese spindle should work and I'm not going to be able to suggest anything more than have done already ie: check wiring etc and test the 0-10v is working correctly.

Thanks Jazz,

That means we are one step closer to resolving this issue.
    From the uploaded pictures would you be able to point out the wires I have to check the voltage on?
    As mentioned earlier the Colombo also has a slight irregularity of about 10 herts up and down but the Chinese spindle has about 150 to 200 herts. But now that I think about it I remember that when under load with a large tool the Colombo was doing something similar although we never checked the screen on the VFD back then.

Thanks again and have a good night.

BoX

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Hello there,

Any thoughts on which wires we have to check for the 5v or 10v constant power also have you managed to take a look at the xml file.

Also has anyone got any experience using NCstudio as the Chinese support thinks that that would fix our problem and if nothing else works out we are willing to give it a go but would be good to know how it compares with Mach3. We are used to mach3 as we have it on the other machine as well and love the flexibility it offers.

Thanks again.

Box

Ok the wires you want to measure are ACM and V1. I suggest you try this at the board with wires removed. Then at the VFD end to verify getting same voltage.

To test Put meter black Probe to ACM and Red to V1 then command a speed of half your MAX spindle speed. It should read 5v or very close.

The spindle is using pulley #4 in Mach which is to 12000rpm this means mach will scale the output 0-10 voltage from this. IE: if you command 6000rpm it outptus 5v and if 12000rpm then 10v but commanding 18000rpm will just get you pulley ratio warning.
    So if your spindle MAX rpm is 18000 then setting pulley ratio #4 to 18000 means mach will scale the output so 10v is given at 18000rpm.

I've looked at the spindle setup in Ports&pins and it's turned on but without more details of the Spindle board then can't say if correct or not. Looking at the Spindle Output in Motor tuning I would say it doesn't look like it's setup correctly but like say need to know more about spindle board to be sure.

Testing the 0-10v voltage will give you best clue if it is or not.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-07-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information