Hi All I hope you can help.
I have been researching CNC routers for some months now. I run a business painting wooden letters, and I want to cut my own and start a business cutting letters to sell.
I was initially looking at the StepCraft machines from Stoney CNC as they are very low cost, a good entry machine for cutting my own letters, but not so good I think for a heavier production.

I have enquired with AXYZ and they came back to me today with figures around the £40k mark for their smallest machines in the 4000 range.
Without sounding too naïve, I did kind of fall off my chair when I saw the price.
I have really struggled to get a price for most of the machines I have looked at as a lot of websites are not forthcoming.

So I have looked at the AXYZ, the Heiz -1000 (Although can't see a price anywhere), and Stepcraft.
I even contact Trotec to enquire about their smallest laser machine with a weakish 30w bulb and they came in at £30,000 !!

How does the average self employed person like me possibly get a foot in the door if these are the figures I am looking at.

Budgetwise, I was hoping for under £6000k

Please can anyone help with any ideas on price for UK retailers please, maybe I am missing an entry level machine that would be perfect for me.

I am looking really at no bigger than 1000 in length. I have a workshop, so can be fairly flexible on size, just not a huge beast of over 2 metres.

Many thanks,
Susie