. .
    hi, I have buy a new proxxon MF70, and I want find all parts for convert it...

by first steep - I want replace the motor and spindle original with a motor brushless and spindle ER-11 and your bearings
    by second steep - extend table Y
    by third steep - convert to cnc with nema 23, supports for them, controller and drivers.

for steep 1 - by check on web info, I have found a discussion about the replacement of only spindle with a new ER-11 spindle diameter 10 and 12 mm but on motor original. Also I have a dubt

I not found a real conversion with more details for buy a right spindle and motor together, my dubt: what motor I will buy ? what size power watt (300w up to 400w) ? What motor better that fit in head proxxon without make a big modify ? what type and right spindle ER-11 (C10-ER11A-100L or C12-11A-100L to mount on motor original proxxon) ?
    C10 = 10mm diameter C12 = 12mm.

Someone have a link or right istructions how to make this mod with all parts details ?

Lives in Reigate, Albania. Last Activity: 24-04-2018 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 34. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I used to have an MF70 and documented extending the Y axis here:
    https://0xfred.wordpress.com/2012/04...-mf70s-y-axis/

Why change the spindle? I doubt the tiny mill could handle much more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Why change the spindle? I doubt the tiny mill could handle much more power.
    I° case : I have think if leaves a original motor ,I will change only the spindle same diameter 10mm but have a ER11 chuck for drill up to 7mm.
    II° case, if I will replacement motor original with a bushless power up to 400-500Watt, I need increase the diameter spindle because the new bushless motor have more power..

the diameter of shank er11 is same the diameter bearing proxxon mf70 , I have also a new motor brushless 600watt power.

Old post but...can you give some details about motor, adapters, spindle etc? I have a burned MF70 motor and it's time to move to a brushless one...

Quote Originally Posted by salomi View Post
    Old post but...can you give some details about motor, adapters, spindle etc? I have a burned MF70 motor and it's time to move to a brushless one...
    I have modify my MF70 with the brushless and spindle ER11, also I think of convert the MF70 to CNC.
    So I have already the breakboard 5 axis and motors stepper with each drivers.
    The motors is a turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-3542-1250kv, the speed controller Turnigy dlux 70A SBEC Brushless Speed Controller and for variable speed I use a servo tester.
    I had modified also the head of mill with a gear and belt.
    Now I need of know how to control the motor brushless and speed controller with my cnc card.
    Someone of this post can help me ?
    Last edited by cnc.miller; 19-02-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Thread Information