. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi there

Just assembling the components for my new build CNC conversion of the Warco WM16 milling machine.

I Converted a little Proxxon Micro Mill to CNC for fun a few years back and sold it on when I'd finished, I used all the cheapest Chinese bits I could get and was quite happy with the result...

This time I'm aiming for something a bit different.

WM16

There are plenty of resources detailing conversions of this machine and variants on the internet and it seemed a logical choice both in terms of size and price so I went ahead and bought it. The same machine (or VERY similar) is also sold as the Grizzly G0704, Optimum BF20l and Amadeal AMAT25LV I believe...

I have purchased 2HSS86H closed loop hybrid drives with 2 x 8.5Nm motors for X and Y axis and a 12Nm motor for the Z as well as some cheap chinese pre-machined ballscrews and nuts from ebay which I can play with without too much worry...

(I should say that I've been advised, correctly I believe, that these motors and drivers are oversize for this application but i'm going ahead with this approach because I got the motors and drivers at a giveaway price from a mate's incomplete router project! BE WARNED!)

Probably going for UC300eth for motion control with one HDBB2 breakout board with UCC software...

Got a couple of ideas for the motor and bearing mounts but will have to take a good look at the mill before I start...

First off is a stripdown, clean and assessment... I'll post again afterwards with some more info.
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Thread Information