Hello everyone. My name is Chris. I'm based in the UK and a newcomer to CNC although I've been a woodworker (as a hobby) for some time now.

Having researched the topic for a few months now and been round the houses a bit (Ox, X-Carve, Stepcraft, CNC Step, Marchant Dice, Cau Cau, Omio) I've finally decided (I think...) to buy an AccTek AKG6090 -

1. Working area: 600*900*150 mm
2. Cast Iron body
3. T-Slot table
4. Mach3 control system
5. 1.5 KW water cooling spindle
6. X Y Taiwan TBI ball screw transmission
7. Z axis Taiwan TBI ball screw transmission
8. Taiwan CSK square rails
9. Nema23 stepper motor and Leadshine drivers
10. Fuling inverter
11. Limited switches
12. Tool sensor

Jack at Acctek has been very helpful so far and I'm just doing my research on the cost and logistics of importing/having delivered something weighing >200kg into the UK.

I wish I could have built something myself but I reckon it would take me a long time and I'd make a bit of an arse of it, tbh - besides, I've got countless woodwork projects waiting. The Acctek machine looked to be well specified so hopefully it'll be well put together too.

Anyways, I thought I'd start a thread to talk about my experience with Acctek/importing, just in case it's helpful to someone out there. I've benefited/enjoyed this and other forums so I hope I can give a little something back in return.

Cheers,

Chris