While I wait for a cheap chuck appear on Ebay, I'd like to crack on & do a couple of smaller erhmmm 'creative' tasks with my lathe.

One of these is to cut alnico magents ...these have to be one of the hardest metals know to mankind (well, me at least) ....they're real buggers to cut. It took me about 20 minutes with a diamond cutting disk bestowed dremel last time...(just to cut a 5mm dia piece) the problem being as you get deeper into the rod, the drag on the dremel cutting disk beomes excessive...I really need the cutting disk to progress around the outside edge - enter my new (still broken as I type)...mini lathe!

Now then (& don't laugh) I was thinking of fashioning a way of mounting my Dremel horizontally onto my lathe's toolpost & then holding the alnico rod (only 6mm in diameter), in the likes of a bog standard 10mm Drill chuck. But in order to do this, I'd need to make an adapter plate to go onto the lathe's spindle mount - to hold a bog standard drill chuck.

So I was wondering if anyone here has DXF files for a mini lathe mount (it's a bog standard Sieg, Grizzly type - I'm at work at the moment so can't take a piccie) as that will save me a wad of time trying to get the dimensions right myself!