I've just about completed the mechanical build of my new router, it's a gantry style with twin ball screws and motors on the Y axis roughly 1500mm X, 1000mm Y. Gantry currently weighs in at around 45kg with a Kress 1050 mounted but I'm intending to upgrade to a 3.0kW spindle at some point which will push this to just a little over 50kg. Just waiting on the 4.0N nema 23's from CNC4you and then I need to start on the control system.

I was going to use the CSMIO IP-M but I don't like the fact that it takes away the option to square the gantry by using a seperate homing switch on the slaved axis from Mach 3, nor do I like the companies condescending attitude to stepper driver users, they can't even resist having a dig in the user manual.

I've got nearly £3k invested in the machine so far so I'm not looking to skimp on the controller, but at the same time I don't want to needlessly throw money at the machine. I was almost convinced that a stand alone controller like the DDCSV1.1 was the way to go but there is so little information on them that I don't really want to take the risk, so I'm looking for a controller with a solid Mach 3 plugin, that supports independent homing of slaved axes, and preferably doesn't need a BOB. Does such a thing exist, because I'm struggling to find anything.