. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi
    I have bought a kit with a Nema24 motor and driver M542T and a MPG wheel and 36v power supply in an attempt to learn how I can use steppermotors for different things. I am not an complete newbie to electronics but many components I do not know how works, so not to burn of my new gismos I have some questions.
    I do not want to use them in CNC machines but just to move things in a precise distance, like the Z axis on my milling machine (fitted with DRO) with the least amount of components and without the use of CNC software.
    And here is my question. In the manual for the driver M542T it says that it can accept Line Driver Signals on Pul and Dir ports and I found on the internet a Tosoku MPG with 6 connectors like the one I have, so am I supposed to connect my MPG to the driver (I hope you can see the the writing on the MPG) like this, on MPG A to driver PUL+, MPG A (with line over) to driver PUL-, on MPG B to driver DIR+, and on MPG B (with a line over) to driver DIR-.
    I this is correct and working, then my next question is, is it possible to multiply the signals from my MPG like remote MPG pendants for CNC machines with a switch for x1, x100 and x1000 so that x1 is my MPG without multiplying and a switch that switches my MPG signal over to 2 gizmos for x100 and x1000 if you know what I mean.
    Kind regards
    Steppernewbie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M542T-text.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	23759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2735_1_1.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	23758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2731_1_1.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	23756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2734_1_1.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	23757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tosoku-re45b.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	23760  
    Last edited by steppernewbie; 14-02-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Sadly for you the free version of Mach3 will do exactly what you want through the MDI interface but you're dead against CNC software.
    Good day,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hi magicniner
    Maby I should not have asked, Sorry for treading on some CNC toes
    I am not dead against CNC software, my machine (Optimum MB4) is just not a CNC machine, and if you google DIY Motor for my Z axis or something like that, you will find all kinds of solutions for my type of machine with hand cranked Z axis where the DRO is installed and also a quill), I just would like a motorized precise way of operating my Z axis (if possible) with locked quill, because using the quill is just introducing another wobbly factor to a not already super sturdy machine.
    Forgot to say that hand cranking the Z axis is difficult for me because of fycical challenges, I got a motor on it already but I cant stop it percisely where I want.
    Kind regards
    Steppernewbie
    Last edited by steppernewbie; 13-02-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steppernewbie View Post
    I got a motor on it already but I cant stop it percisely where I want.
    I'll let someone else explain how to run and stop a stepper motor precisely where you want, but you won't like it :D
    Last edited by magicniner; 13-02-2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Replacing Exactly with the correct spelling of Precisely

I was hoping I could run and stop (control) it with my MPG, but if the answer to my first question about connecting the MPG to the driver, is that it canīt be connected, then I maby have a cheap stepper kit for sale.

You can connect an MPG to a Motion Controller, there may be drivers that will accept an MPG but exactly how did you expect to set/program a stop point with an MPG and no programming?
    You do know what MPG stands for?

Thread Information