. .
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Got my £32 bargain Dell 780 the other day. Installed windows xp but weirdly it will connect via wlan to my other pc's but won't connect to internet? Probably a blessing in disguise tbf (no chance of viruses). Might try Windows7 at some point.

Looks like I'll be waiting until October for an AMAT25LV from Amadeal which is frustrating.
    Gives me time to get Mach3 installed, the electronics box wired up & all tested before hand I guess.
    In terms of steppers I might need something bigger than the Nema23 425oz/in I have for the x,y.
    Using 5mm pitch ball screws I'm planning on setting it up with:
    The drivers set at 1000 per revolution
    The steps per unit set at 200
    So If I'm right 5mm/1000 gives me 0.005mm resolution and 200 steps is 1mm (1 unit).
    Should give me a reasonable rapid velocity.

I'm running my dying Sieg X2 on 2000/400 on 5mm pitch atm which Mach3 shows I could have a maximum velocity of around 2800mm/min ish.
    I have to have the Gib so tight on that tiny table though, the motors start missing steps at 1400mm/min. Those settings give me 0.0025mm per step.

If I can get closer to 2000mm/min using the 1000/200 settings on the AMAT25 with a 0.005mm accuracy I'll be plenty happy enough :)

Hi dazp1976,
    If I got it right, you.re talking about milling steel and/or aluminium. I.ll use it mainly for wood, and sometimes for plastics. I guess each material and machine has it.s own limitations. I.ll keep in mind your specifications for when I get there. At the moment, I.m searching for a new motherboard or pc.
    About the Old Gigabyte socket 775 Matx board you.re mentioned some time ago, I can get a separate motherboard and the add to it all else, or get a whole second hand pc. I.ve just found this one for 15 Euro,
    https://www.olx.ro/oferta/desktop-pc...tml#e11bdcef1f.
    Is this the kind you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    Hi dazp1976,
    If I got it right, you.re talking about milling steel and/or aluminium. I.ll use it mainly for wood, and sometimes for plastics. I guess each material and machine has it.s own limitations. I.ll keep in mind your specifications for when I get there. At the moment, I.m searching for a new motherboard or pc.
    About the Old Gigabyte socket 775 Matx board you.re mentioned some time ago, I can get a separate motherboard and the add to it all else, or get a whole second hand pc. I.ve just found this one for 15 Euro,
    https://www.olx.ro/oferta/desktop-pc...tml#e11bdcef1f.
    Is this the kind you were talking about?
    Yes for milling aluminum.
    The PC running my X2 conversion is similar. It was a custom build about 10 years ago that eventually sat in the loft for years. It has this board in with a Celeron 331 (2.66ghz)
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...M-S2-rev-10#ov
    I put 2GB ram in as I'm using on-board video.
    350w psu, dvd, floppy.
    Has a faster SATA drive in there but I assume an IDE one will be just as good, just take slightly longer to start up.
    Setup is flawless on the 3 axis X2 mill.

Only trouble with sata drive is xp needs an initial driver on a floppy for it when installing fresh. Some boards these days don't have a header.

Have 4GB ram in the new/old Dell and putting a video card in there in case I go 5 axis on the next machine. It's overkill but at least it shouldn't have any issues.

Also on another note. Because I neglected to use screened cables on the X2 I decided not to fit limit switches. Soft limits in Mach3 have worked perfect for it so far. As long as they're set up correctly in relation to the home position and remember to home at the end and beginning of the day it seems to work spot on.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 05-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Only trouble with sata drive is xp needs an initial driver on a floppy for it when installing fresh. Some boards these days don't have a header.
    If this really is problem you need to solve to get it to work, you can get a program called "nlite Os" to slipstream the driver into a xp install cd.

It is free and i have used it a lot to make bootable automated install cds for xp.
    It also lets you slipstream all known patches and servicepacks and turn on or of unwanted features.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Hi again.
    So I just managed to fit the new pc, and I have no idea why, but it works perfect. No stalling or jerking at all. It.s a single core celeron, 512mb of ram :)).
    I have to complete a woodworking order these days, and then, I.ll have time again to continue the cnc.

Just to have something to think about meanwhile, what comes next?

Point 1: I.ll mention again the vfd problem, as I guess I have to figure this out to.
    I wired up the vfd, I change Parameter 1 and 2 to value of ..2..(for communication port control), then wired the 4 control wires like posted before ..the gnd pin goes to ACM, the 0-10v to V1, 1st relay pin (5th in order) to DCM, and 2nd relay pin to FOR., and then in mach 3, in motor outputs, I enabled the spindle, step pin 1, dir pin 0, dir lowactive and step I tried in all ways, step port and dir port both to 1, then in output signals I enabled output 1, port 1, pin 17, active low not checked, then spindle setup, relay control with disable spindle relay not checked, motor control with ..use spindle motor output.. and ..pwm control.. both checked and pwm base freq to 100, then in spindle pulleys, nr1 max speed 24000.
    And it does not work. It does nothing when i press spindle cw f5, although the relay clicks on, and the voltage at terminal 0-10v is 9.54v The vfd just shows 0000000 on the screen.
    What have I done wrong?

Point 2: I.ve made a 130cm/130cm solid wood table top to put on top of the metal structure. I was thinking to mill this flat, and add over an particle board or some sacrificial board. I don.t know how to mill it, but that.s the plan.

Point 3: It has been mentioned in this thread to add the vfd somewhere outside the control box. Sometime in the near future, I.ll get a dust exctractor thing, but right now, it.s a mess in there, and lots of fine wood dust all over. Have anyone used a vfd in this kind of conditions? Is it a high change of breaking it?

Point 4: The ballscrews and linear rails seem to cope ok with the fine dust. I.ve read some time ago that this systems need some extra lubrication even if they have some of their own when they get out of chinese factories. Any suggestion? Please don.t say grease.

Or the initial question: Now that it works, what comes next?

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    Point 1: I.ll mention again the vfd problem, as I guess I have to figure this out to.
    I wired up the vfd, I change Parameter 1 and 2 to value of ..2..(for communication port control), then wired the 4 control wires like posted before ..the gnd pin goes to ACM, the 0-10v to V1, 1st relay pin (5th in order) to DCM, and 2nd relay pin to FOR., and then in mach 3, in motor outputs, I enabled the spindle, step pin 1, dir pin 0, dir lowactive and step I tried in all ways, step port and dir port both to 1, then in output signals I enabled output 1, port 1, pin 17, active low not checked, then spindle setup, relay control with disable spindle relay not checked, motor control with ..use spindle motor output.. and ..pwm control.. both checked and pwm base freq to 100, then in spindle pulleys, nr1 max speed 24000.
    And it does not work. It does nothing when i press spindle cw f5, although the relay clicks on, and the voltage at terminal 0-10v is 9.54v The vfd just shows 0000000 on the screen.
    What have I done wrong?
    I am assuming you have a Huanyang VFD as I cannot find reference to it in previous posts and the one on your wall looks like one.

PD001 and PD002 should both be set to 1 (External terminal = 0 - 10 v external)

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob,
    I set it to 1 and I can start the spindle. So thank you. What is not working is the speed adjustment. If I reduce 1 or 100 percent the SRO 100 on the lower right corner of mach3 Program Run tab, it reduces the speed to apx 11000 rpm. In Ports and Pin, spindle setup tab, I.ve got PWN BASE FREQ set to 100 and MINIMUM PMV to 75. I guess this is the equivalent of 18000 rpm, as I read online, I should not go lower than that as it gets the spindle hot. In Config, Spindle pulley tab, I.ve set pulley nr 1, minumum 18000 maximum 24000, ratio 1. So again, what did I mess up?

I have to admit that my Huanyang FVD is still in the box, but here is a vid I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sf2zLQu5CU, but you can save yourself the irritation of listening to the chirpy little sod as the summary is PD005,PD004,PD003,PD072 all -> 400, PD144 -> 3000. As you have an air cooled spindle, you need to spin it to cool it, so don't go too slow.

It might be useful to search through this forum, as I am sure this has been discussed before.
    Last edited by cropwell; 17-09-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Ok. Thank you.
    P.s. What does ˇˇchirpy little sodˇˇ means?

Chirpy means 'too happy'
    Little means 'small' or, in this case 'young'
    Sod is a general term of annoyance

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information