. .
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Stopping after exactly 500 lines sounds a bit like a demo version of Mach3, not a fully licensed version. Is it worth checking that your licence key is installed correctly?

Tool change issues would only cause this problem if the tool change happened at line 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    I.ve started learning about this g-code, and did some basic cuts. Today I.ve uploaded a greyscale image in artcam and set a 3d relief toolpath with 2 cutters for the job, and generated some code for carving a 10 by 10 cm horse. It has 816 lines of code, but the program always stops at line 500.
    Coincidentally, the unlicensed version of Mach3 will sun 500 lines of code.

Ops. My mistake. I forgot to copy the licence file into mach3 folder when I changed computers. This is solved now and it finished all 800+ lines of code, but did not finish the job as it turned out to be only the roughing toolpath.

So I.m still interested in this: How do you approach this tool changing thing?
    - One long g code which the cam software exported with the toolchange commands included?
    - Or separate files for each toolpath? (like you manualy move the cnc, chnage the bit, rezero z axix, and click GOtoZ button on mach 3 which takes x and y to the start position of gcode)
    - Or is there other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    Quoting this guy with his reply to someone.s question:

So you would want the M6Start macro.
    However My macro is meant for use with TTS holders Etc. and the Mach 3 tool table.
    What your looking for is something just to move to a tool change position then touch off each tool. End quote ----this is what I need as well.
    I do not have a tool changer, and the code Estlcam generates is M05 (stop spindle) M00 (stop machine) and then M03 (start spindle).

This means that I can move the spindle to a convenient position to change the tool, use my auto tool zero macro (I will PM you a copy if you like !) and then press <Cycle Start> to carry on, which will start the spindle and move to the next cut.

Cheers,

Rob

To be more specific, I try to figure out this post processors in ArtCam, as the one I use now GCode (mm)*tap does not support toolchange, and does not let me save multiple toolpaths in one file.
    There are many post processors availabe but I have no clue which one to use and why. For example I can save the file using Andersen Multi Tool (*ncc) post processor, and I am already simulating in mach 3 the job.

Oh boy. This hobby is not as easy as I assumed it would be. I am either dumb or the learning curve is quite steep.

Hi Rob.
    I do not have a tool changer either. I intend to do it manually. It seems EstlCam is capable of generating a multitool gcode.
    I have a auto tool zero macro which seems to work fine, and came with a audio file as well with a lady that says 2.0 complete. Quite creepy. I feel like in the movie Alien.

ˇˇI do not have a tool changer, and the code Estlcam generates is M05 (stop spindle) M00 (stop machine) and then M03 (start spindle).ˇˇ - do you use any macro for this m5, m6 in mach3?

And what is most confussing is that I have so many options for saving a file:
    Machine output file is formatted for: and here there are many many names and file types like in this image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file0942.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	24886
    Some accept tool change, some not.

I.m not fixated on a specific software. it just that ArtCam seems very easy. Take a greyscale relief and make it in g code in a few minutes.
    I also had a look at Inventor HSM, but there is quite a bit to learn, and I will, when I.ll need it for something specific. Oh, and it I.ll have to sell one of my kidneys to buy that.
    The main projects to be done with the cnc are: stencil cuts, relief carving and gears or other mechanical hardwood parts. Except carving, most jobs are a one tool job, I think.

Any other suggestion about an opensource or cheap software, which is easy to use, is welcomed.

Andrei, I would strongly recommend you look at this http://www.machsupport.com/wp-conten...3Mill_1.84.pdf You could even print it and take it for bedtime reading if you suffer from insomnia

Seriously, I would skim through it so you are familiar with where to look to solve specific problems. There is a lot of documentation on the mach support site.

I use Estlcam and for the small cost of a license, it is impressive. you can download for free and you get a fully functional copy, but there is a software time bomb in it, so it may cease to function after a while.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0337.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	24889 Copy that. Over.
    To the question: what happens if mach3 is running a finishing cut (long one) and the power goes out, and you don.t know the gcode line it stoped at?...will I find the answer in the book? Or would someone be so kind to tell me if there is a way to avoid starting the cut again.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information