I really need help befor I go crazy . iv been working on this solid for a week and cant find what the problem is .

I have this bob https://www.amazon.co.uk/XCSOURCE-In...breakout+board
and I cang get the steppers working on it.
here is what i have or know at the moment. The computer im using was used on another cnc machine i owned about 4 months ago. so im sure the parallel port is working. but still i have followed a parallel port checking video. On pin 2 through to pin 7 i get 3.7vdc when i jog left then 0vdc when i jog right. up and down and side to side correspond accordingly to the voltage i get on each pin on the parallel port giving 3.7v output

i have connected the bob to the parallel port with the pp cable and im supplying 5v to the bob using a usb cable

when i jog left i can read 3.7vdc input from the computer to the bob but the output of the bob stays at 5.1v dc,when i jog right i can read a change to 0vdc imput from the computer to the bob but there is no change in the output it stays at 5.1vdc

the output on the dod never changes it stays at 5.1vcd . in fact i think all the out put pins may have 5.1 v dc on the all the time . This is the second BoB i have tried as the same thing was happening on the other one, So i guessing its not the bob

i have disconnected everything now and have just one motor and one driver connected. just the basic set up but its still the same. its almost like the bob has to be turned on to initialise the output side of the board..

I really don't know what to do next . if any one could help I would be so gratful