. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello, I have just joined site, as I have just purchased an old Austin Allen Machine. I am now looking for a manual for this machine so I can get to understand it better in the hope of restoring and using it.

Hi thanks for your questions, I have not had any response, so no luck on the info. It is not working, I bought it as a little project with the intention of perhaps getting it working. But not not desperate. It is air operated with a double air cylinder, which has been dismantled for transporting.(not by me though). I currently work in plastic moulding. But these are few and far between.

Well no replies surely means that no one knows the machine in question! So what is your question/issue? Do you have any mechanical/electrical experience?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I asked the question 6 months ago, i am looking for a manual on this machine, as stated in my previous thread. No I'm not very good with machine electrics, but i am a Toolmaker by trade since doing my apprenticeship all those years ago. I have made a mould for my Austin Allen Machine in fact I've made many at various jobs for these machines. That is the main reason for buying it in the first place. But i wasn't made aware it was kept in a shed and going rusty through lack of use, care and attention. Bought off of ebay. But it is single phase and im hopeful i may just get it to work.

5. The problem you'll have getting any information for injection machines, is very few people really know about them, and those that do very rarely want to share what they know :-/

You could try posting over on the CNC zone moldmaking forum - https://www.cnczone.com/forums/moldmaking/
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Well I presume that you have done a Google search? I appreciate that you asked the question 6 months ago, but considering the amount of people on this forum, it's always going to be a needle in a haystack reply. If you're only asking if anyone has any information or a manual, I think you have your answer. I'm not trying to be rude so please don't I am, being an engineer by trade and hobby, I would have great fun in restoring it.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooterist007 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post

You could try posting over on the CNC zone moldmaking forum - https://www.cnczone.com/forums/moldmaking/
    Thanks i will have a look here.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterist007 View Post
    Well I presume that you have done a Google search? I think you have your answer. (YES) Being an engineer by trade and hobby, I would have great fun in restoring it.
    No i did not do a search, but i will now. Yes i was thinking it would be a good project. As if i needed a new project. I've got too many already. But thanks anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by ruwqoruo21 View Post
    I have a friend that recently experienced this issue on a mold and a sales person from Taiwan just so happened to be there talking about molds. The sales guy showed my friend a product that sounds like it would be perfect for you.
    Hi i am not sure who you are referring to when you say it would be perfect for you. Is it me or someone else? As it is not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
    Hello, I have just joined site, as I have just purchased an old Austin Allen Machine. I am now looking for a manual for this machine so I can get to understand it better in the hope of restoring and using it.
    I ran across this when doing a search for austin allen. Which version of the Austin Allen machine do you have? Hydraulic or pneumatic? I have a pneumatic machine (gnat 250) and a copy of the manual which I could scan and send to you. It might take me a while to get it scanned into a pdf. kwc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information