Long story short,

Snaffled a Mill, moving table with 2 axis gantry, Informed it was 3 phase also using an external vacuum pump and extraction. I may be able to get hold of the PC (running XP) that ran the system but all software is in German.

Evidently, a reluctant somewhat difficult operator stated one day 'it started smoking' and it was abandoned and forgotten about (the person left the organisation shortly after) until a decision was made to dispose of it.

No specs or decent manual and none forthcoming from manufacturer (I've checked)

At present I can reach through the underside and the spindle turns but the bearings don't feel good. I can see a stepper/servo and all axis are belt driven. I cannot open the 'user' door as without power the interlock is in operation. The mains cable has been hacked off and the remainder stuffed back through the grommet. I do not have any other cables.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	25234

Name:	Internals.png 
Views:	329 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	25235

Name:	Basic.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	25236

My questions are what can be deduced and what suggestions are forthcoming. I admit to having pretty serious wishes to get this machine running, either in this form or by cannibalization to reuse in a DIY Build.

Until I get 4 well built friends to help me shift it to my Shed it's sat on it's side in my hallway disguised as a coat rack.