Bought a lovely machine from Norman12, thank you once again.

Time to start the conversion. Ill get some pics up later of what I have. I dont expect too much to happen whilst its cold as my garage is not heated.

Starting questions, I will likely go Centroid Acorn, gives me the ability to have a stable platform driving the 3 (and 4th axis later) as required.

Electrics - original SEM DC motors, have been converted to better encoders. I'd love to use these however I need to find suitable drives, hope that works and be left with possible future maintenance issues. The SEM motor (not sure if they are all the same), grabbed the first one I saw uses a MT 30H-44, stall torque of 2.1 NM which is very low. Anything modern should be much better? MAX RPM is 3100, 140 V and 'Pulse Amps' of 26.

I also plan to use a VFD on the spindle, Norman12 has done some conversion already but would like to mount the spindle motor low if possible to save roof height.

I'm aware there are a set of motors / drives for sale on this forum which might suit, the seller is slow to respond and its late December anyways, so can wait.

Has anyone been able to put a set of wheels under a Bridgeport for moving it around a workshop? Ive got massive wheels under Thor but my worry is that it as a lot more height.

Thanks