New poster here with a Dxf2Gcode question....

I have just started CNC cutting with an eShapeoko. Very lightweight stuff - cutting balsa sheet and possibly thin ply for the set of model boat plans that I design. I have a lot of plans in Ashlar-Vellum format, which I can get into DXF and then use Dxf2Gcode to create toolpaths. And I have two problems:

1 - the GRBL running on the eShapeoko Arduino controller does not do tool radius correction. At the moment i can minimise the problem with a sub-mm cutter so the error is not great, but I would still like to do things properly. Is there any way to do this with what I have, or do I need to change the controller?

2 - the Dxf2Gcode produces workable G code, but the Z axis goes up and down like a yo-yo. This seems to be an issue with filling in the correct Z axis defaults. Dxf2Gcode has 5 fields for the Z axis - retract depth, slice depth, work origin, safety margin and final depth. There appears to be no explanation of what these do on the net - I filled in likely figures and ended up with a bouncing z axis, which I have to manually edit to get sensible runs. If anyone here uses Dxf2Gcode and knows how to set these properly I would be grateful for a hint....