Hi everybody,
I'm new here and wondered if anyone could help please. I bought a Chinese 6040 router about 6 weeks ago and everything was working fine. I have cut 4 or 5 jobs on it without a hitch. I'm running Mach3 from a windows 64bit computer fitted with a UC100 usb connection. Now for some reason the motor that controls the Z axis seems to have a mind of it's own. If I press the down key on my keyboard it will start to move down, but is very noisy. If I press the down key again it moves up. press the up key and it still moves down, press the up key again and it move up. I have no control over which way it's going. To check things I disconnected the Z cable on the back of the controller and connected the Y cable into the Z socket. The Y direction moves up and down the table from the Z socket as it should with no problems and does as it should. I have checked the sockets on the cable and all looks to be soldered well. Could it be the motor that's the fault. I have tried contacting the supplier and all I get is OUT OF THE OFFICE AT THE MOMENT. I did make a small video of the problem if someone would look at it for me to see if they have any idea of the problem. I'm new to all this, but trying to pick it up as fast as I can. Am I allowed to put a link to the video here? I don't want to do something wrong on my first post. I would be very greatful for any advice. Terry.