Well that's a good start to a long weekend - got a ball screw and nut through the post for the conversion of a Sieg SX2.7, specifically for the Z axis. Carefully rolled the nut onto a bit of Ali pipe (bored bar) to rotate it top-to-bottom on the screw, inserted nut in the Z-axis carrier, carefully inserted screw into the column, and dropped it onto the pipe, punching it through into the base of the column - full of grease and cast iron dust and dropping the balls out into the same.

Oops.

I might be able to find all the BBs - this was above an open drawer so they should all be in there somewhere!

Now, as well as the BBs, the three diverters dropped out as well. Each has a different number stamped on the outer wall (the bit that pokes through the nut wall and remains visible). These are the steel diverters, as well, not the plastic ones.

Question: Is there a sequence (numeric) that the diverters need to be inserted?, otherwise what do the numbers signify?

Next... any good hints on repacking?, I've filled the races with silicone grease, will leave it to tomorrow to go tacky (bit thin straight out of the tube).

Finally, any good swear words?, I think I've exhausted all the ones that I know.