Hi all,

I'm adding a spindle to my mill, just for small turning parts etc. I'm using the chinese AASD servo and drive but cannot get it to run correctly on my controller. The controller is a CS Labs IP/A unit.

It will run ok as long as speed is below say 2900 rpm but if i ask for full speed the controller faults on max following error being exceeded.

In Pid tuning you can jog the spindle at various speeds and below 2900 rpm the following error is low <100 as you go over that speed the counter just runs away until it faults and stops

JazzCNC had the same setup here...
https://youtu.be/tW8knRAOr7s

and it seems to run ok.

I also have these motors/drives on all other axes but the big difference is that they never run flat out as i have the motion tuned pretty low. I did take a motor off of another axis and connected it to this drive and it did the same thing so that points to the drive or controller??

Four pictures below of encoder channel A, at the controller, three at different speeds and one taken direct from the drive output with cable to controller disconnected.

I have no idea if these are normal or bad??

Its not a ground loop as the signal does change if i remove the shield connection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive out copy.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	25806

Name:	2800rpm copy.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	25807

Name:	1500rpm copy.png