Quote Originally Posted by devmonkey View Post
Hi Kit,

I do have a pack of 105/209 here for this machine, trouble is the temperature in the UK in my unheated uninsulated garage is about 6 degrees, so would have to wait until summer.

I was also hoping we could improve upon the accuracy of epoxy, from the measurements taken in this thread:
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8197-...5194#post65194

It appears with epoxy 100um (0.1mm) peak-peak error is possible, I think we can do better than this with the laser and also not have to wait 2 weeks for the epoxy to cure. It might be possible to perform the process I described above in a couple of hours.

Cheers, Joe
We're having the opposite problem here. Last night's overnight low was 29C and the days have been up to 46C recently. I'm keeping our epoxy resin (wife and I are making some fancy stuff to sell in the local gift shop) in what used to be a wine fridge.
Maybe you could pour the resin and then come over to us for a fortnight's tropical snorkeling with whale sharks and manta rays while it cures? Then take your enviable winter tan home and use the laser to guide you hand-scraping the last 100 microns of errors out? Hand scraping resin shouldn't be to hard.