Bed is now fully fixed. I reckon it is within 0.02mm total error, not that I really trust this digital DTI.

The rear cross member and the outer edges of the other cross members that did not have the milled shim were done as follows. I laid some narrow strips of closed cell self-adhesive glazing rubber either side of each bolt hole. Then I re-placed the bed and tightened the central set of bolts down hard onto their milled shims. I then indicated the entire bed adjusting the outer bolts to zero, the glazing rubber provided a bit of resistance to bias the bed plate high so the bolts had something to tension against. Finally I got under the machine and injected some construction resin into the gap, this set hard in a few minutes as it is so hot today, it is basically bondo in a cartridge.

The bed plate had a very thin film of WD40 on it to act as a release so hopefully it will be possible to get it off again should I ever need to., not sure the resin sticks well to the shiny aluminium plate anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200626_134834 (Large).jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	28469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200626_115518 (Large).jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	351.5 KB 
ID:	28470 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200626_115542 (Large).jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	28471

This is the very last time that bed will look so nice!