Quote Originally Posted by CNCRY View Post
The stepper drivers were set by default at 1000 according to switches so have changed the switches to 1600 in the table as recommended.
I was thinking the "units" referred to cm - as UCCNC defaulted to 200 steps per unit, I took this as meaning 200 steps @ 1.8 degrees to make 1 revolution which would equate to 10mm of motion, so a unit being 10mm. I guess I was calculating the wrong way round!
Does jogging use the same velocity settings - as jogging seemed to be about 10m/min which seems about right , even with microstepping on drivers set to 1000 and steps /unit at 200?
With the hybrid steppers I mean that many build logs on here and other forums use "standard" steppers without an encoder, and wasn't sure if mine having encoders that had any bearing on the tuning. Assuming it being a closed loop the controller never knows any different anyway.
Once I get the replacement ballscrew and right size drag chain I'll do some more testing and tuning.
Regards 1000Ms and 200units in uccnc then even thou it's traveling at 10mtr/min doesn't mean it's moving the correct distance. The test would be to tell it to move 10mm, which in your case with settings above and 10mm pitch it would move 20mm.
The closed -loop won't make a jot of difference because it's been told to move 2000 pulses which dutifully does, it knows nothing about the 10mm and only does as it's told moving a set amount of pulses based on the Steps per unit setting.

With that setting of 1000ms then you should enter 100 in steps per and it will move at 10mtr/min(or more) but only half the distance.

The velocity is the Max velocity of the machine and is used by everything, however you will see it slow down at times when 2 or more axis are traveling together because the controller will control the speed of the faster axis so all axis arrive at same time.
Jogging individually each axis will move at full velocity set in motor tuning if set at 100% jog rate.