. .
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ermm probably not usually Big Red button is E-stop, show me a pic.
    You may have missed my edit before you replied but yes big red is the E-stop and Mach3 reset turns everything back on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200412_094826.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	27794

JAZZ I have just remembered the E-Stop switch stays in when pressed, I have to turn it (I think) to get it back out.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC[/QUOTE
    I hope this hasn't blown your mind.
    Simply put if you don't set the Steps Per correctly it will never be accurate and if you set the MS too high you'll stress the parallel port and run slow.!!
    So, if the machine is running right if I change the steps on the driver from 1/4 to 1/8 I need to double the steps per in UUCNC?

I believe you use cncdrive motion controllers? If so do you know if the utility will see the controller on the network when UUCNC is connected? I can connect with UUCNC but it keeps dropping the connection and I'm concerned that the utility has never found the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    So, if the machine is running right if I change the steps on the driver from 1/4 to 1/8 I need to double the steps per in UUCNC?
    Yes

I believe you use cncdrive motion controllers? If so do you know if the utility will see the controller on the network when UUCNC is connected? I can connect with UUCNC but it keeps dropping the connection and I'm concerned that the utility has never found the controller.
    I've never had any issues like that, they either connect and stay connected or they don't connect at all. Never drop out.?

You say "on the Network" are you trying to run this over a network ie: thru a switch or directly from PC to controller.?
    Also are you using a patch cable or just an ordinary network cable because some network cables can be wired differently to others.!

You say "on the Network" are you trying to run this over a network ie: thru a switch or directly from PC to controller.?
    Also are you using a patch cable or just an ordinary network cable because some network cables can be wired differently to others.!
    PC connected to a hub then hub connected to controller, both standard cables nothing else connected and even tried 2 different PCs (I have a crossover ordered to try)

PC connected to a hub then hub connected to controller, both standard cables nothing else connected and even tried 2 different PCs (I have a crossover ordered to try)
    Try it direct to controller first to elimnate the hub

Try it direct to controller first to elimnate the hub
    Direct connection and no joy, am trying to resolve with CNCdrive support

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lostconnection.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	27907

Yhey are telling me I need V1.8 or newer utility tool but I can't find it on their website.

This might not help at all, but for each of my 3 ethernet based motion controllers I installed a second ethernet port and created private LAN between control PC and the motion card without any switch (or hub?, really?, you really don't throw anything away :) ), subnetted accordingly. Now, I'll also say I've never used a cross-over cable but think that most PCs nowadays are auto MDI-X sensing and will sort that out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    This might not help at all, but for each of my 3 ethernet based motion controllers I installed a second ethernet port and created private LAN between control PC and the motion card without any switch (or hub?, really?, you really don't throw anything away :) ), subnetted accordingly. Now, I'll also say I've never used a cross-over cable but think that most PCs nowadays are auto MDI-X sensing and will sort that out for you.
    Thanks Doddy. PCI ethernet card on order! Have realised my laptop can use a standard patch cable and have tried that today but still disconnects.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information