Hi Folks
I have built my own CNC table by adding steppers and ball screws onto a cheap standard x/y table https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminste...d-table-400385 . (these used to be available for about a third of that price )
The intention is then to plant this on the table of my deckel FP1 Mill.

I have got as far as using Mach3 to drive it ( had to install UC100 controller to adapt as My computer is a 64bit model)
It operates reasonably successfully in Mach 3 using the "off the peg" .tap files included in Mach 3.

I have also managed to manually input instructions to "drive" the table in x and y directions by specified amounts and all is falling into place .

My next step is to write a short G Code routine of my own to execute a small program (maybe a pocket ), and then store it where I can find it ( so that I can call it back when I need it )

Please excuse me if I seem to be asking the obvious!

When I go into the editor it creates a " .txt" file . Is this acceptable for Mach 3 and can I just save it along with the other .tap files incorporated
Or can I convert it to a ".tap" file
If someone can lead me by the hand through these processes I would appreciate it , or even link me to a video tutorial

Thanks
John