Hi all

Being totally new to CNC, I've been doing a bit of research and messing about with Vcarve. Watched so many youtube videos with some very talented people I feel I am in for a rude awakening when I actually get down to cutting! My use will be for general hobby work, inlays, artwork etc, with the possibility of selling items in the future. But that is down the line until I really learn how to use it. Anyhow, machine selection.... Many of the videos I have watched are US whereas I'm in the UK. In addition, some of the splendid machines they use such as Axiom are way out of my budget. I have £2k max and looking around, machines like the Workbee and X-Carve come up a lot. Far from cheap (although within my budget), they appear to be in kit form. Not a huge problem, but on reading reviews and info about them, they seem to be lower end with lower quality components and thus suffer from lack of durability, rigidity and accuracy.

I have also read several posts on this forum with people asking similar questions to me and the answer often suggests build your own. I've looked at a couple of the build threads and to me this seems rather daunting. I fully understand that by doing this it is possible to build a machine that far surpasses the cheap kit versions for similar money - ball screws, water cooled spindles etc etc, but for me I feel I may end up spending a lot and end up stumped.

I have noticed on ebay a seller who clearly makes CNC routers himself, on appearance they look very solid and well built and are bang on my budget. From experienced users, what do you think? I'm tempted to give this chap a call and ask some questions but was keen for input from this forum as to quality and price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-axis-cn...p/184167144048

Thoughts appreciated