. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi

I'm interseted to see how you get on, I've been looking at them myself but put off by the fact its all on one board and max 36v.
    But £50 ish for 4 axis with opto sounds like my budget

2. Well the post and been and gone today, but no sign of my parcel yet.

Oh well it looks like I will not get unto next week now.

I have been reading the so called bad english manual for the driver board to work out what DIP Switch settings I am going to need.

I am only intrested in switches 1-4.

Switches 1-2 are for the current setting, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Is this a case of 3.00amps, 2.25amps, 1.50amps, 0.70amps, or does the board self sence the current and when at idle or hold, hold the current at said % of the stepper motors max current.

Next is Switchts 3-4 for the Buffer, the manual just has, Fast, 25%, 50%, Slow, so at a guess I need to set it to Fast.

Then the last two switches 5-6 are for the step modes, this I understand.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Well the post and been and gone today, but no sign of my parcel yet.

Oh well it looks like I will not get unto next week now.

I have been reading the so called bad english manual for the driver board to work out what DIP Switch settings I am going to need.

I am only intrested in switches 1-4.

Switches 1-2 are for the current setting, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Is this a case of 3.00amps, 2.25amps, 1.50amps, 0.70amps, or does the board self sence the current and when at idle or hold, hold the current at said % of the stepper motors max current.

Next is Switchts 3-4 for the Buffer, the manual just has, Fast, 25%, 50%, Slow, so at a guess I need to set it to Fast.

Then the last two switches 5-6 are for the step modes, this I understand.
    If you look at the datasheet here , pages 9 and 10 you will see that switches 1-2 are the torque current settings relative to maximum current(default 100%) and switches 3-4 are the Decay Modes (default I suspect should be fast). The max current is actually set by the big resistors on the board, but its hard to tell what colour the stripes are, should be Brown, green, silver, silver which is 0.15ohm for 3.3A.

4. irving2008: Thanks for your reply, I have just been hunting around the net to see if I can find better pictures.

So far all I have been about to find are thease two pictures.

To me it looks like the current sence resistors are, Brown, Brown, Silver, Gold, 0.11ohm 5%.
    If that is right we are looking at 4.5A.
    Last edited by Mad Professor; 06-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.

5. Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.
    That makes little sense... probably worth measuring them. Look forward to hearing your verdict....

How long did they take to arrive in the end?

Hello,

after i did not get response from cnczone i´ll try my first port here:

first problem first post:

I got the board from ebay (seller prettyworthshop)....

I connected the board to power supply with was included. The boards gets 24V - i measured that with a meter.

I connected the board to computer (LPT is set to ECP). I set all the MACH 3 parameters according to the manual (Signal in, Signal out, Motor....)

On the board itself we have 3 LEDS for which show when signal is available for axis movment. If i press cursor in MACH the middle LED (Y) glows only a bit. Above the 3 LEDS there are two LEDS and the right one is on all the time when i connect the parallel cable with the board. When is disconnect, the LED goes out.

The fan is not turning. Motor is connected but not moving...

I don´t know whats the problem. Can somebody help me ?

I hope to get this first problem soved with your help.

By the way - i built the MDF CNC Machine from buidyourcncDOTcom. I want to use tha machine for milling panels for my DIY 737-800 Homecockpit...

Cheers from Wuerzburg Germany

Andy

I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm blasting cold air on it, I have it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot is this normal?

I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm fan blasting cold air on it, I have had it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot, is this normal?

Hi to everybody,
    I am using two off these boards on my cnc machines for two years and have no problems whit these,but Iam a hobbyist no a pro.
    Thes boards are very cheap instead they are sold for 140 Euros in Germay.I bought them in China for minus of 50 Euros.
    At this price you can budget a reserve one in case off!

See you
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information