Hi,
I am new to this group and hopefully someone maybe able to assist me with my problem.

I purchased a really old power hacksaw and I have refurbished it so it is like new. It is driven by a 0.5hp 6 pole 3 phase motor which was originally wired in star, I have now moved the links to the delta configuration so that I can run it off a variable frequency drive. I have recently purchased a cheap Chinese XSY-AT1 variable frequency drive and it runs the saw perfectly. My problem is that the power hacksaw has a simple 2 wire switch that stops the saw when it has completed its cut. When it was wired originally the stop switch was wired into the 3 phase starter and the coil dropped out so it wouldn't restart until the run button was pressed.

I have been looking at the parameter settings but with me not being electrically orientated I don't know if I can wire this simple 2 wire stop switch into the inverter. I have set the parameters so that the keypad is inoperative and found that if I wire from the common terminal to the X4 terminal (run forward) using the simple 2 wire stop switch then it stops the saw at the end of its cut. The problem then is as soon as the saw is lifted the saw starts up again without pressing anything. Obviously this is a rather dangerous practice.

I have looked at a few video's on YouTube but most show fitting the start/stop switches along with a new 10k potentiometer which I don't require as the speed of the saw is fine whether it is cutting a hard metal like stainless steel or soft material like brass. I have purchased 2 new momentary push button switches, a green one for start & a red one for stop but would like to know how to wire them in along with the original 2 wire stop switch.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John