. .
    Hello

I'm building a flatbed digital cutter and it's nearly done but I'm fighting with a servo problem in the last few weeks and unfortunately can't solve it yet.
    This is a simple XY table driven by a Delta B2 drives and motors where Y is 0.4kW with belt pulley reduction 1:2 and X is 0.75kW direct drive.
    The Mechanical table is belt driven with roller slides.

All looks and works very smoothly and tidy and I'm very happy with how the mechanical part is moving, but I can't solve the problem with the servos.
    I'm using AC servos for the first time and they have hundreds of parameters that make my brain on the limit to explode :)
    Better explanation of the problem is on the video I uploaded in Youtube: https://youtu.be/3Jf3KB56QS8
    In low speed all the shapes of the objects are fine but in high speed they are messed up. Logically this could be some kind of acceleration wrong parameters in Delta drives. I have set all accelerations and S-curve to zero but no differences.
    I've tuned the servos only in Auto-tuning and I'm afraid to change the parameters as in the last try both servos started shaking and my project was nearly disassembled :)
    Any help and suggestions how to solve the problem are more than welcome.

Thank you

Angel

Problem sorted out :) Parameters P1-68 and P1-77 Position command moving filters was set to 100. I've changed them to zero and all works fine now. Very happy :)
    Last edited by Maxiscnc; 23-08-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiscnc View Post
    Problem sorted out :) Parameters P1-68 and P1-77 Position command moving filters was set to 100. A've changed them to zero and all works fine now. Very happy :)
    Unfortunately with servo's you are in a world where parameters and motor tuning are something you have to deal with to get the accuracy, esp if moving at high velocity like what you are doing. After a while, you'll get used to adjusting them and finding how one affects the other, just keep a log on what you change with the effect it has and only make one change at a time then test.

I suspect you'll find some more tuning will be required before your fully happy and it's 100% accurate.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thank you JAZZCNC. You are right. I’m keeping a log and saving every change in new backup file in the tuning software.
    I just uploaded a video after the fix https://youtu.be/m_4eACqxWOk . Of course I’m not a 100% happy but now machine doing what it have to do. Fine tuning I believe will be much easier when machine works and executing the proper size and shape of the objects.
    Thanks again. Have a great Sunday

Thread Information