. .
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 35 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,602. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks. Managed to get it working. The manual isnt great and HoodScotland has been helping. The pass is 111111.

Also on the password screen, if the #1 password is enabled then to disable use 111111, I think to edit PLC you need to disable the password .

Edit: Just spotted your post. . . .Lol
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 35 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,602. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks to help from Hood Scotland, M_C, and others. I now have a tool changing working machine but cant drive the spindle as yet.

Here its moving with code generated from Fusion 360, just a demo part.

And some tool changing.

Need to get the spindle running, no cutting till then. Got to tidy wiring etc and still need to wire in the chuck and a bunch of other stuff. Ive ordered a choke which might help me run the spindle from a VFD.

Next challenge, spindle drive is powered, even got as far as a self phase test (motor runs to see phasing / direction) but I keep getting an Error 06 (motor over temp). Ive tried everything, I cant see how to fix this. I have a plug going from the motor to the drive that carries the encoder feedback and potentially 2 wires for a thermistor (which measures 0 Ohms). I tried with a dummy 100 Ohm load, incase this isnt right but still nothing.

Ive also tried to tell the drive to ignore motor temp parameter P90_03 allows for masking but doesnt matter what I try, Nada. Any ideas? Ive asked SZGH but will be an overnight wait, if they understand the question, sometimes its fixed next day, otherwise it takes a few attempts.

Thanks.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 48 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you got a manual for the drive?

potentially 2 wires for a thermistor (which measures 0 Ohms). I tried with a dummy 100 Ohm load
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    Do you mean each wire individually measures 0 ohms but not connected, or they're looped together so both wires appear as 0 ohms at the drive?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Have you got a manual for the drive?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    Do you mean each wire individually measures 0 ohms but not connected, or they're looped together so both wires appear as 0 ohms at the drive?
    If I measure their 'thermistor' - assuming that's what it is. I get 0 Ohm across it. So it might not be a thermistor but rather a switch that goes open circuit when it gets too hot?

I'm having a problem validating that the wires from the thermistor actually go to the drive. In the manual the one connector that it might go to has the encoder feedback, nothing shown for anything related to the motor.

This is a newer version of the AC Servo system manual - https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...0;attach=48294

My paper copy is v 2.5 and is more accurate but its very similar.

OK, in the manual (page 10) there is the first reference I can see to motor over temp protection. CN2 connector T1 / 0V under extended interface. Assuming Stitch means pin, pin 9 and 13. So 13 is Ground, 9 is T1. Mine doesnt use this CN2, it has a barrel connector but at least there is a reference to it now.

This manual has different parameters which mine doesnt have. For example, it has E63, Motor overheating protection. I dont seem to have anything like this, mine are Parameter 00 to 91, nothing like this, so this must apply to newer / different servos.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 48 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The motor probably just has a temperature switch that goes open circuit when it gets hot enough.

I wonder if the drive is looking for a thermistor, in which case try leaving the wires disconnected.

NTC thermistors are more common (resistance decreases as temperature increases), so I'd guess if that's what the drive is looking for, leaving it open circuit is less likely to trigger a fault. Failing that, try a 2-3k resistor.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information