. .

Thread: Touch screen??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good to see it. Even better if you can bring yourself to drill a few holes in the machine itself - that might keep the knob polishers at bay if you ever need to trade it in for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    Good to see it. Even better if you can bring yourself to drill a few holes in the machine itself - that might keep the knob polishers at bay if you ever need to trade it in for something better.
    Any conversion, it's important to understand what your goals are - for me, it's a lathe that fits a small nook in the shed, and still allows me to squeeze into the work area near the mill. Not, as you might say, polishing the knobs.

I've got to the stage where I've more bits stripped off the machine, than what remains on the machine. A tipping point where I can start to sell off bits rather than wistfully think of future restoration. Bed, spindle and saddle is all that I have left of the machine, and a bag of bits that is getting close to paying off what I originally spent on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    For my lathe (more relevant to your use case) I do naughty things (most Myford owners are rather over-zealously protective against dicking about with history) with the cabinet. Another flavour of integration with Linux CNC...
    You should be dragged into the street flogged and whipped to within an inch of your life for such atrocities.!! . . . .Not for drilling holes but buying a Myford in the first place....
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    You should be dragged into the street flogged and whipped to within an inch of your life for such atrocities.!! . . . .Not for drilling holes but buying a Myford in the first place....
    Are you going to take the piss out of me then .
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Are you going to take the piss out of me then .
    I'd take the piss out of you no matter what you had..

My current lathe is a Colchester Bantam, having discovered that the Boxford AUD was not up to a decent cut , and a decent Myford super seven had reached serious big bucks by that stage if you wanted a gearbox and a cross feed,
    I find that the bantam is a BIG little lathe capable of some serious work and comes complete with all the bells and whistles .(but we digress)

I am not yet confident enough to hack my Bantam about , at least not until I have become confident with the CNC process.
    Hence the reason for buying the TCL. As they say ,"any old bike is good to practice on"

So having arrived at the stage where you have persuaded me to chuck the Boxford boards away, yet we think we can retain the lenze spindle controls , I am trying to establish whether I need to keep he processor board . It looks to me as if the relays which call the Lenze controller to run FWD, REV, and the latching functions may be within the processor board . Or have I got this wrong??

I am also trying to get my head around the pin signals to the BOB in relation to the switching functions of the manual control board . Each button there seems to switch a control voltage to earth . Is this a parallel arrangement to the control voltages utilised by the CNC software so could both working options .

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Oh heck! What do you do to people who buy Chinese mini-lathes?
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    We don't talk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Unspeakable things too gruesome to mention on a civilized forum, all I say is it involves electricity and cylindrical anatomy.

Ouch.

Is it forgivable if they are your nearest source of kit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information