. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I spent several years using a cheap Chinese parallel board, though with LinuxCNC rather than MACH3. I spent more time fault-finding spurious limit trips and other issues than I did making things. If I'd had to pay for the amount of time people spent reading and replying to my posts on this forum I'd be a homeless bankrupt.

Recently I bit the bullet and changed to using UCCNC software and an AXBB-E controller from CNC Drive as recommended by Those Who Know. Apart from an interesting W10 problem that ended up being related to which USB port on my laptop I plugged the Nintendo game controller into ($8 version of remote pendant, well worth the investment!) it has been rock solid. Easy to set up and there are plenty of experienced user on this forum to help with any issues.

I'm the ultimate cheapskate when it comes to machine building but should have made the change long before I did. If you plan to make a few things to sell, even as no more than a self-funded hobby, you will get your money back in improved production time soon enough.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I'm the ultimate cheapskate when it comes to machine building but should have made the change long before I did.
    I can vouch for that, I must have told him 1000 times to dump the PP but he wouldn't listen, so for being so Pigheaded and tight as a ducks arse I made him an honorable Yorkshire man...
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I can vouch for that, I must have told him 1000 times to dump the PP but he wouldn't listen, so for being so Pigheaded and tight as a ducks arse I made him an honorable Yorkshire man...
    I'll have you know my father was a pure-bred Yorkshireman of many generations pedigree (including a long-past Lord Mayor of York according to his mother) even if he was born in Karachi. But I accept the sobriquet with pride.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information