Hi,

I've inherited a OpenBuillds platemaker without full information and it's got a spindle I was hoping someone might recognise it, though appreciate it may too to generic. All this is way beyond warranty and wouldn't know who to contact anyway.
The only markings on the spindle are 220V 2.2KW and just wondered if anyone recognised it, I believe it to an ER20 collet but can measure again over the next days.
The VFD is/ was a HY02D223B

Photos on https://imgur.com/a/hsJu3nA

What happened
  • Has been working fine for a good while/ not a new install
  • A loud pop which blew the breakers upon activating the spindle
  • Disconnected the spindle and just powered the VFD and there was a smell/ smoke.
  • Tracked it down, we think, to the green resistor shown but don't know the cause.

Questions please
  • I'm presuming it's a replacement but love to know if anyone has any fixes obviously. I'm in the UK in case anyone repairs them. Have electronics people to help if need be.
  • What I don't necessarily understand yet is whether I need more information on the spindle to program the VFD, if I was able to track down a like for like replacement? We don't have those settings saved and will read through the manual for anything obvious.
  • Also whether I'm just looking for a 2.2KW VFD, or if there are other considerations when buying a new one please.

Bonus questions:
  • It's obviously a water cooled spindle but has been running on air- would be good to confirm that's just an option, rather than a necessity. Doesn't seem to get hot to the touch for what it's doing (mainly wood at present)

Thanks in advance for any help