Hi all

I'm Alan from Scunthorpe, UK.

I already have some CNC, I had a Warco mill that I bought ready CNC converted some years ago which I have been using and maintaining so I know the basics of a fairly common setup for DIY, CADCAM, Mach3, breakout board, drives and steppers.

At work I also converted a 3.2m ABB robot to hot wire cut and mill polystyrene. It uses Solidworks and DraftSight for the CAD and SprutCAM Robot for the CAM, it's a 6 axis robot with an 2.4m x 1.2m turntable and has an 18 tool changer. Not really the same as a CNC setup but interesting I guess!

I'm here as, like most I'm sure, I'm after information! I'm wanting to build a router table. I started to build the Simon R plasma table as a side project. I got all the plate work laser cut and folded then started collecting other bits as I got discount vouchers for the likes of ali express. Then some other parts became available so I decided to stop this and build a router table ... maybe I will add a plasma to it at a later stage? But I will go into that in a separate thread.

Thanks all