. .
    Hi, I had a weird line in a piece I just milled, it's very possibly just some error in the file from aspire, but as I used an ethernet cable with a broken clip(but obviously didn't wobble it round) I wondered if packet loss could be a cause?
    Thanks, and happy 2022 everyone.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Packet loss should result in an error being generated for loss of communication, as it's a key part of the basic protocol that packets should not get lost, and be automatically resent if the recipient doesn't acknowledge receiving it. If the recipient never acknowledges receipt, then a packet/communication error should be triggered, but how that gets handled all depends on how the software has been written to handle it.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Ah I see, thanks very much.

Thread Information