. .
    Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18-01-2023 Has been a member for 0-1 years. Has a total post count of 3.
    Hi,
    Just joined today as a result of stumbling upon this group via a google search.

My interest are electronics and computing and I discovered a world of pcb prototyping using a cnc, this prompted me to get a 3018 pro and have a dabble. This turned out to be a can of worms, I can't seem to get any consistency so I will be throwing myself at the mercy of this forum with a million questions.
    I did have success in milling a front panel out of abs for a disc drive unit for my old computer but that was not plane sailing as the plastic kept melting to the mill bit, but I got there in the end.

I am using KiCAD, Flatcam and Candle for pcb work and Freecad and Candle for the front panel.

I have found there is a bit of play in the X axis coming from the guide rails and linear bearings, I suspect this may be a cause of the inconsistency I am getting.

I shall have to sit down and try and figure out exactly what the problems are before posting.

Maybe there is a test pattern around that I could engrave that would highlight the area concerned.

T.I.A.

Ashley.

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Hi and welcome to the forum Ashley, did you manage to get to the bottom of this?
    .Me

Thread Information