. .
    I've just started as a Design Technology Technician at a school which has a Roland Modela Pro MDX-500 CNC Mill.
    I am looking for the best place to buy new tools for this machine. The tools that are already here do not seem to have a manufacturer or supplier name on them or the packaging.

Thanks in advance.

RosscoPCole1974

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've not got time to read it, but if you download the user manual - https://www.rolanddga.com/support/pr...illing-machine it should have the details for the cutters. It'll probably have Roland part numbers, but you should be able to find the required dimensions, then do some googling.

If you're still struggling, I can have a look when I get home tonight.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I've not got time to read it, but if you download the user manual - https://www.rolanddga.com/support/pr...illing-machine it should have the details for the cutters. It'll probably have Roland part numbers, but you should be able to find the required dimensions, then do some googling.

If you're still struggling, I can have a look when I get home tonight.
    Thanks m-c. I had a look at the user manual:
    https://365rolanddgnam.sharepoint.co...on&p=true&ga=1
    Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I cannot see any specific cutters listed or mentioned.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Just had a look at the manual, and I see it's some form of collet system.

You'll need to measure the existing cutter diameter, then find somebody who supplies suitable cutters.
    Going by the manual it appears to use pretty standard endmills.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information