Hi everyone,

So I've had the electrician round and had my Electrics upgraded, so I now have a Single Phase 32a Soccket, I'm doing bench testing and got the VFD and Spindle turning on/off (through the VFD Control Panel) and I've been able to program some of the Parameters of the VFD, but there are lots and I'm not 100% clear what some do.

Firstly I got a seperate Breaking Resistor (1kw, 60ohm) the VFD Manual says it can be wired up 2 ways - either connect the resistor to DC+ and R-, or to R+ and R-) I've done both these methods but when I stop the spindle it just slowly comes to a stop as it does without the resistor connected... I've changed the Parameters in the VFD that I found related to breaking but there's no change in stopping time, I would need this eventually as I want to utilise the ATC function and have it stop quickly (within 6sec so it can then do the tool change)

The break parameters I changed are -

Page 41
1_06 Starting DC Breaking time
1_07 Stopo Mode - Changed to 2
1_08 Stop DC Breaking starting speed - changed to 3000rpm (although I don't entirely understand this)
1_10 Stop DC Breaking time - changed to 6sec

Page 46
1_30 - Break Utilisation rate - changed to 5, but not sure if this should be higher or lower..??
1_32 - Break Resistance Tolerance - set to 60ohm as my Breaking Resistor Specs
1_33 - Break Power Resistance - set to 1000w (1kw) as my Breaking Resistor Specs

link to manual

https://www.manualslib.com/products/...s-4142539.html

I would also love to connect this up to AXBBE so I can turn it on/off and set speed through the UCCNC Software I have seen a lot of wiring diagrams on how to do it but my issue is my VFD has differently labelled terminals so I'm not confident enough to try this without help/input form here, hopefully.

The control Terminals can be found on Page 17 link above

To change Spindle Speed through UCCNC I believe I would need to

connect

AXBBE AO1 to VFD GND (I suspect this is any ground terminal, I can see 2??)
AXBBE 5V0 to VFD AI1

To turn Spindle on/off through UCCNC I believe I would need to

connect

AXBBE 24V+ to Relay +
AXBBE Isolated output 2 to Relay -

but then I'm not sure which terminals on the VFD I go to from the Relay

I've also not seen anywhere in the VFD the parameter to say I want to control this through other software...??

I would be so grateful for any help or input on any of these issues,
Sorry for the long post

Cheers,

Phil