I've just picked up a CNC Taig from a Seller on Ebay, the machine was advertised as a Microproto Taig Micromill, machine has a 110 / 220volt converter.

Installed Mach 3 and Vectric - Cut 2D

First test of the machine was to drill some mounting holes in a MDF Sacraficial table, about 30 2mm diameter holes down and the 110 /220 converter blew a fuse. Converter was exceedingly hot too, waited for it to cool down and upon replacing fuse, acrid smell and fuesed again. First job - source a replacement 240volt motor from Lester Caine at Model Engineers Digital Workshop.

Next problem, the machine's supplied controller was actually a cheap 4 axis Stepmaster and not the Microproto as described.

The Taig Mill looks great, nice and solid, precise and looks quite capable ot producing some great work, Mach 3 and Cut 2D look to offer a whole host of features which I'll enjoy getting to grips with.

Just a little irritated I haven't received the item as described, Microproto drivers offer the possibility of support through Medw, I'm not familiar with Stepmaster, do they even have a website?