. .

Thread: Hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Firstly can i say hello to everyone, i have been reading through the wealth information here , i have been attempting to make a
    small mill i will only be working with delrin (acetal) on it, i have the frame and rails x,y z all done its only about 300mm x 300mm in size but still have to attatch the stepper
    motors yet, this is the hard stage for me now, i have some (3) stepper motors st57sth76-3008b-1 , 8 wire , on the body these are marked 1.8 and 3.0A , i will be using it as unipolar , current 2.8A , resistance 1.0 , inductance 1.6 , holding torque 1.4 ,
    i have some power supply's, 2 x 24 v 15A 1 x 36v 9.7A , will these be strong enough or will i be needing more volts ?
    my driver board is a Chrystian j unipolar stepper driver model cj-c12 8A per axis max .
    i have tried to get the motors going and they are but slowly but stall if i try to make them move faster than 30mm per minute so what do i need to do to make these move at a faster speed
    I have x on the 36v 9.7 amp supply with the power straight to the motor by passing the stepper driver board and i have a 50W 8 ohm resistor on each phase as well , the other axis are the same except for the 24v 15A power where do i find out how big the power supply's should be and what size power resistors i need for each phase of each motor

Thank you for any help

Keister
    Last edited by Keister; 25-03-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Thread Information