Hi,
I was a member of the cnczone forum and to be honest don't know why i posted on there site had no replies....
I have aquired a wood work cnc machine that was a 2 head 8 x 5 cnc machine. It was used with the amc3 stepper but since i have got hold of it i have had a friend help to minimze the cable clutter from the old control box. I am having problems with this now and hence why i am here :) the following is the txt that I have posted on teh cnc zone site hope i get better response here :)

Hello everyone
I have a 8 x 5 wood cutting cnc machine I am in the process with a friend of getting this machine working again. the machine has 2 cnc heads and is 3 axis. I have a NEE AMC3 controller.

I am being halped by David who has knowledge in cnc's (was going to make a diy machine)

The machine has been upgraded in the past by the company NEE? Original big bax had redundant drivers in there. So what David has decided is to trace everything back up and work with the AMC3 controller for now? But we think maybe it could be bypassed?

As i am new to the cnc world i need help I have a few quetions below,

1. Can the machine work without the AMC3 CONTROLLER?
2. Do I have to have more software to get the machine to work? I have GPS software included.
3. Basic question Connection to pc serial port?

This is a project that i am really looking for help with please any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance