Hi All

This one has me stumpped!

Last week my computer that I have been using to control my machine died on me,because it was a fairly low spec
1Ghz processor 1gig of ram I decided not to spend anytime trying to repair it, but built a new one with some bits I had laying around. The new spec is Dual core 2.4Ghz 4 gig of ram 160 gig sata 2 hard drive complete clean install of windows XP with all latest updates and a clean install of Mach3.

This is where problem begins, I loaded my original xml file, my machine did what ever I asked while jogging it around, so I loaded a simple engraving file and set it to work. Not long into the job I noticed that the engraving was getting lighter until eventually the tool was not touching the job, so I stopped the machine and homed all axis and sent it again, the Z was spot on at the start point but the same thing happened the tool height was changing as the job was running.

I removed the tool and fitted my plunge guage and loaded some G code moving the Z axis up and down at full speed with varying heights from 90mm to 0.1mm and finished at Z zero the guage was bang on no sign of missing steps so I have come to the conclusion it must be something to do with the pulse train from the PC when all axis are moving.

Has anyone else had this or can anyone come up with any ideas to what I can do to sort this damn problem out?

Thanks

Andy