Spent an hour in the shed last night (half of it in the dark working by the light of the street lamp ) and knocked up a workbench. I'd calculated the lengths exactly and as is always the way I was rushing and cut the wrong piece so one leg (was going to put a leg in the middle of the bench as 6' long) missing. Still it's enabled me to tidy some bits away for the moment which should allow me to bring more stuff back from the fiancé's parents garage! Just got to get my bum in gear and make some shelves, though I'm away this weekend taking the daughter to Uni for the first time.
On another note I've just paid the import VAT and rip off fee (sorry clearance fee) for Parcelforce so should get my remaining linear rails on Monday. Just had the postie drop off some energy chain purchased on fleabay so components are building up! Best stop fannying around with my design and get buying some steel so I can cut and weld it to get on with the build!!
I've added braces at either end now to make it nice and ridged, also will be good when I come to do the self levelling epoxy for the X axis rail beds!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Router Frame-2.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	10179
I've tried to keep a fair bit of the gantry as straight cuts but have the end plates to get machined and a slot in the front plate for the Y axis ballnut mount to be machined.
Question is.....do I get the square bits machined as well so the faces are flat and square or will the ends be ok as cut?
Next question is....does anyone fancy doing some machining for me? I've got a nice piece of 20mm Ali (1000 x 800) sat on a pallet waiting to be cut up...